Having a significant portion of students taking private lessons from a specialist on their specific instrument is a key component to a successful band program, and we strongly encourage this for all of our all of our band students. We also understand not every student/parent wants to make that extra investment of time and finances that taking private lessons requires, and that is perfectly fine. However, we do want to make private lessons more accessible to our students and parents from a time and financial standpoint. To that end, here are the details about our private lesson program:
- Students are not required to participate in this program.
- Enrollment will be open from now through September 18, and the private lessons will begin the week of September 28.
- Students who do participate in this program will receive one weekly private lesson from a specialized instructor on their specific instrument.
- Private lesson instructors all undergo the same background checks as other teachers in the school.
- Lessons will take place at school during band class on a set day each week.
- The cost of enrolling in this program is $200 per semester. This can be paid all at once or in monthly payments of $50 and can be paid using secure4.myschoolfees.com.
- By enrolling in this program, students/parents are committing to attend their private lessons at their designated times and committing to pay the full enrollment fee per semester.
- If a student/parent is willing to make the time commitment to taking private lessons but is unable to make the financial commitment, please communicate that directly to Mr. Lynch. We want every student who is willing to put in the extra time and effort and wants to take private lessons to be able to do so.
- Private lesson slots will be filled on a first come-first serve basis, so the earlier the online enrollment form is completed, the better.