- ALL BAND STUDENTS AND PARENTS...If your child has an instrument repair need that is preventing them from completing their pass-off assignments for their band class, we are opening up the courtyard outside of the band room on TUESDAY, MAY 5 FROM 12PM-2PM for students/parents to bring in instruments for repair. Our representative from Art's Music will be there as well, and we'll try to fix as many things on site that day as we can so that you don't have to worry with contacting the music store, setting up a time to drop off the instrument, waiting on it to be fixed, going back to pick it up, etc. Our Art's rep will also have items such as valve oil, slide cream, reeds, etc. should you need to purchase any of those for your child. Hopefully this will make things more convenient for everyone.
- RISING 7TH & 8TH GRADE BAND STUDENTS...your placement audition pass-off assignments are due May 15. Your scores one these assignments will determine your band placement for next school year. Make it your goal to complete at least 2 of these assignments each week.
- ALL BAND STUDENTS AND PARENTS...please be sure to regularly check Google Classroom and SmartMusic for your pass-off assignments for the remainder of the year. A list of these assignments for each class long with their respective due dates can be found by clicking on the "Classroom" link to the left of this page and the clicking on "Pass-Off Assignments".
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Bumpus Concert and Symphonic Bands on receiving superior ratings at Music Performance Assessment!
- CONGRATULATIONS to P. Manuel, R. Overstreet, S. Mylius, E. Boyd, G. Bekurs, A. Balamarugan, S. Anderton, A. Attard, R. Jones, M. Fleming, and T. Lynch on being selected to the ABA District IV Middle School Honor Band!
- CONGRATULATIONS to S. Mylius, E. Boyd, and R. Jones on being selected to the ABA Middle School All-State Band!
- ALL BAND PARENTS...please ensure that your child is completing their pass-off assignments each week. Pass-off assignments are due on Thursdays of each week and count as major grades in their band class. To see a list of pass-off assignments and their due dates, click on the "Classroom" tab to the left of this page, and then click on "Pass-Off Assignments".
- ALL BAND PARENTS...please ensure your child has a half inch or one inch three ring binder with plastic sheet protectors for band and their method book for their specific instrument (Standard of Excellence, Book 2 for Symphonic Band) (Essential Elements, Book 1 for Concert Band) (Standard of Excellence, Book 1 for Beginning Band) as well as all other required supplies for band.